Monday, September 6, 2010

New Stuff I Love! (inspired by steph's friday phonix)

Yay for pandora radio! I was giving it a listen while i got ready yesterday and i put in Mumford and Sons as my "radio choice." There were several songs/bands i was introduced to and, consequently, love!

There's one group/guy that i really, really like. Its just really good chill music...ya know what i mean. This is Explosions in the Sky....Your Hand in Mine.



Then there's my redemption song, if you will. I've always been a skosh envious of Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl, since, ahem, i have blue eyes. However, for those of us with the sparkly blues, we finally have a song for our peepers. This is Timmy Curran....Blue Eyes (in addition its a funny video...a total plus!...but you'll have to make the effort-as far as cut and paste-because 'embedding' was a "disabled" request for this particular video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkrAZI92Oxo&ob=av2e



This is a great song with really good lyrics...and who would'nt want to just kick it on a porch. This is The Format...On the Porch




Don't ask me why but this next little toe-tapper reminds me of Jill Bradford (maybe in similar but different ways as the way little black children, or really, any black person reminds me of Jill. An intangible or unknown reason that i can't quite figure) This is Johnny Flynn...The Box




And one final video. This group i actually heard first on Prairie Home Companion (yes...taxi cab confessions...i listen to Prarie Home Companion some Sunday mornings...deal with it) I love, love, love their harmonies....beautiful. I picked this song/video in particular because there's a picture of an incredibly cute, fat little birdy. (However, Long Time Traveller is a goody and definitely worth a listen) This is The Wailin' Jennys....Arlington




Enjoy!

2 comments:

stephonix said...

the mumford mix on pandora is pretty fantastic. (c: love it all!! (c:

stephonix said...

so...my friend, Emily, made me aware of a performance by Johnny Flynn and Marcus. Could there BE anything better? Uh,...the answer you're looking for here is no.

here youz goes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JHK8VG1YOk